Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Word to my mother

ok I just learned this word like last year i think. or maybe 2 years ago. I feel like I might just have a limited vocab, or maybe a lot of people dont know what it means like I didn't

heeeyy, they say this word in boyz in the hood! oh Furious Styles

Gentrification
-noun
  1. the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses.
  2. an instance of gentrifying; the condition of being gentrified.
I live in Park Place and I can say, gentrification is live and real...

3 comments:

  1. HEYYYY!!! i wrote a paper about it freshman year....REMEMBER??? LOL probably not but o well

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol in my paper???? i was talking about richmond and how all these big companies were buying all this land and putting people out of there homes basically and buying old business and stuff like that lol

    ReplyDelete